Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My thoughts on Breaking Dawn

I feel so bad you gals didn't talk about the book, and I hope my not having finished it yet was the reason. I totally consumed the book when I got home from utah. SO GOOD!!!!

I want to comment on that portion of the book after Bella and Edward marry where there is complete and utter bliss. They are loving their married life, and life with the baby, and life is just so perfect. Part of me wanted to scream out of jealousy. I was probably PMSing at the time. I was a tad (or a lot) jealous of how happy and fulfilled Bella was with her new life and she was juggling all her responsibilities beautifully. The transition into a vampire and mother went well. Stefenie Meyers was so good and describing this period of peace, joy, tranquility, and fireworks in the bedroom (ahem) that it made me envious. But then a thought struck me.

Duh.

All we have to do in this life is endure and do what's right. THEN we can experience the joy and peace and happiness beyond comprehension in the afterlife. That is what this life is about. If we even had a CLUE of the happiness in the afterlife, I think we would try a lot harder to keep an eternal perspective and endure to the end. So, this may sound a little odd, but I am grateful for that beautifully described future in that book, it keeps me going on my rough days when I can envision my own little Bella and Edward paradise with perfect children surrounding me in my mansion above. :)

What are your thoughts?

1 comment:

Rebecca Talley said...

Sometimes, amidst all the craziness of life it's hard to keep everything in perspective, but we have to remember what lies ahead if only we can stay on the right path.