Monday, April 20, 2009

The Book Thief


Speaking of good books, I've been meaning to post about this one for a while now. Lisa asked me in December if I had read this, and I said yes, thinking I had. I don't know what book I was thinking of at the time, but this wasn't it. So, since I'd said I already read it, and that she could borrow it, I had to go get a copy. Wow. I was not disappointed! Death, in this book, is something between "Meet Joe Black" (without the handsome) and The Wishlist (another great book). Such a completely different view of the Holocaust, not at all what you'd expect. I highly recommend this book. In fact, give it to your kids, too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melanie is reading this book right now and I remember someone at book club raving about it, so I'm borrowing it from her as soon as she's done!

Michelle said...

I can't wait to read it too! I just got notified by my library that it's waiting for me to be picked up. YAY!

Anonymous said...

Just finished it today. It was amazing. What a great book - you fall in love with the main character- a young girl and you'd better pull out the kleenex. You'll need it.