Thursday, July 9, 2009

group email

I have set up, and sent invites for, a group email. If you didn't get the invite, please comment so I can send you one. (Charity's email didn't "allow" me to send the invite?) My family uses one to stay in touch, and we really like it. When you send to the group, all replies go to everyone in the group automatically, making sure that everyone can stay in the loop. If you want to only reply to one person, you would have to put in their email instead. I know sometimes you don't want to talk to the whole group, but so often, we hit reply, thinking we hit "reply all", and we wonder why nobody else knows what we're talking about later.
Google also archives group messages. I have made it private. I have to invite someone if we add a new book clubber, or if someones email changes. I invited all the girls, including those out of state. If we think we'd prefer to have two groups, one for all of us, and one for locals only, I can do that, too.
I think we'll like communicating this way - especially when it's time for book club, and we want to be sure everyone gets all the important info!

update: please be sure you look for the email from "noreplygooglegroups" or something like that, which may have ended up in your junk mail (it did in mine) and click the URL to accept the invite.

No comments: