Thursday, January 7, 2010

Marcy's 2009 Song

I've had a hard time coming up with what song I wanted to write about. I decided on Sara Groves's "Love Is Still a Worthy Cause." What do I know about love? Love is a choice. It makes the hard things in life worth it. Knowing of God's love for us brings us profound peace and joy and faith, even in the midst of our greatest heartaches. Having people to love in our lives is a gift; the people that come into our lives to love us (sometimes when we least expect it) are the greatest surprises, and are evidences of God's care of us. Learning to love with a purer heart and without selfishness, while still maintaining love and care for ourselves as well, is the pursuit of this life, I believe. Loving those who hurt us is hard work but brings healing. Above all, if we strive to love like the Savior does, we will have more happiness in our lives and also bring happiness to the people around us. That's why I believe it's a worthy cause. Loving is worth the risk and worth the work.

No comments: