Tuesday, November 30, 2010

December Book Club!

Hi Ladies! It's almost December. YIKES!  Last time we met at Sarah's and watched The Enchanted April. It was hilarious and adorable. I feel like there is a bit of every woman from that book in me. It also got me thinking about how lovely it would be to get away for an entire MONTH to someplace wonderful.

Sarah brought up a great idea that I think many of us were already thinking about.  Our lives are really busy and we should be focusing on the essentials in our lives.  If we met every other month, we would still have a chance to get together regularly without disrupting all of the important items on our full plates. Meeting less often may perhaps also give more incentive to come if it worked out with your schedule.

So, for our December Holiday Party, you all are invited over to my home for 2011 planning and hot tubbing. We talked about doing it earlier in the month rather than later. What say ye?

6 comments:

Marcy said...

I was going to suggest skipping busy December and having our next meeting in January--anyone feel like that instead? There are so many fun things planned for Decembers but not many for the Januaries of our lives! (I just made up that spelling.)

Marcy

Michelle said...

i like it!

bookette said...

mmkay, but I though the Christmas party was just for fun? So, no party, no presents, no white-elephant gift exchange, no treats, no fun with the girls?
I know my life isn't busy compared to a lot of you, but I was kinda looking forward to our usual party. It being December, and Christmas, and all that.
I thought we always did our planning in January.

Michelle said...

i like that, too. :) As far as the planning--- it seems we've tried to every month and we always forget to. hehe.

I'm great with either. Really. White elephant sounds like a blast. It'd be good to resurrect the chocolate fountain again, too. I'd like to say my December is really, really busy, but it really can't be, since I'm all laid up with this blue cast and all. hehe.

Liz said...

I say we've got to have a Christmas party! I so look forward to spending a night in December with my best friends. Maybe then we can cut back, but we've got to do a party!
That's my opinion anyway. :)

Marcy said...

Ok! I'm outnumbered :).

Let us know when...