Friday, March 13, 2009

basic crochet

I told Liz I'd scan some basic crochet instructions and post them for you. I was all set to do that, but then I realized that I probably shouldn't do that with copy-righted material.

However, since I did scan them already, if you are interested in having these instructions, please email me and I will send them to you. They are in pdf format.

Or, if you feel like buying a fantastic needlework reference book, I highly recommend this one.

There may be a more recent version, but this is the one I have, and it is by far the best reference I've ever seen for all kinds of needlework. The projects are a little dated (this was published in 1979) but the step-by-step line-drawn instructions are awesome.

I'd offer to loan this out, but I don't let it out of my hands.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Hey!! I have that book. Well, it is actually my Grandma's, but I have been borrowing it for like the past 12 years! Ha! Next time we get together I will get it out. I have used it for many neat stitches. That's funny.