Friday, May 21, 2010

A Book for June

Michelle tried to force a decision out of us before we left last night, but nobody would commit to anything.

So we decided that whoever posted first could get to choose instead.

I think we all agreed we should read a classic. We just couldn't decide which one.

After checking both Orem and Provo Libraries, so that those of you who don't own a copy, or don't want to buy a new book, can check one out, I've decided on:

Wuthering Heights (Provo has 6 copies, Orem has 3; you may need to reserve. I have at least 2 copies. Also available for about $6 from B&N's classics series. You could come buy it next Thursday evening at B&N, during Maeser's book fair, and credit the profit to the school. And say hello to me and the knitting group in the cafe, while you're there.)

(I was leaning towards Cold Comfort Farm (less well-known, but only 128 pages, and a truly fun read), but there were only 2 copies at each library. Maybe next time?)

4 comments:

Haley Hatch Freeman said...

Hi Ladies,
Liz- I saw your post on my sister in law's blog (Erin Freeman)
I'm the author of A Future for Tomorrow. I would love to share my story with you and the "sisterhood". =0)Feel free to drop by my blog afuturefortomorrow.blogspot.com
also I am doing a great book club discount and drawing. check out older post on my blog for details. I figure you saw my book's trailer on Erin's blog but if you want to to show the other ladies just go to youtube and search A Future for Tomorrow Surviving Anorexia. Thanks for your interest and I hope to hear from ya!

Haley Hatch Freeman said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog Liz. That is really neat that my book was on your mind. I have books at my house that I can sign for you. You can buy them at Deseret Book, Amazon.com, and many book stores. If you get them from me I sell them a little cheaper. How many do you think you will want? Feel free to email me at afuturefortomorrow@gmail.com
Thanks again Liz.

Michelle said...

I picked up Wuthering Heights from Target in the Dollar Spot section for 2.50! There are lots of other classics on sale in the dollar spot section for 2.50 as well (unabridged!)

This was in Chicago, but they usually have the same dollar spot items everywhere.....

I'll miss you gals this month. Can't wait to read a classic though. Should be a delightful read.

Anonymous said...

Someone? Is book club Tuesday June 8 and where?