Thursday, October 4, 2007

A Heart Like His


I had a nice experience today. I finished this book and felt like opening my heart, as the book illustrates, to someone whom I have not had an open heart toward. I did and felt great peace afterward. I know that's cryptic. What I really want to say is that this book's message is wonderful. It's about how we should have open, soft hearts toward everyone we meet. Virgina Pearce challenges her readers to experiment with going about their regular lives with softer hearts and more loving attitudes. It's not about baking cookies for neighbors or giving tons of money to charities or spending hours serving others. It's about making a difference in one's own life as well as others' by treating others like they matter and like they are an important part of this world. Like they are a son or daughter of God.

I guess the message that I most needed to get from this book is that all relationships matter, and that I DO have the time to nurture relationships because it's not about the time. It's about the state of one's heart during interactions.

3 comments:

Marcy said...

Love the occupation Sarah!!!

Becky Maness said...

Sounds like a great book. I'm having trouble adding my own book for some reason. I keep getting my own photo site. Any suggestions on how I can post something else without just leaving a comment?
Becky

Marcy said...

I'm glad you figured it out. I have never done a shared-author blog before so I was confused too. We don't even have to post our names at the bottom because when we sign in it's automatically there (duh to me--hoorah!). Blogger has some bugs, but for the most part it's great.

Also, anyone who's interested, posting pictures of the books is easy too. Just right-click on the image of your book on a site like Amazon or Deseret Book and click "save image as." I have a folder on my computer called "pictures for blog;" that's where I save images. Then you just click on the picture icon when you post and upload the images from the folder on your computer!