Saturday, October 20, 2007

November Reading


November Reading Suggestions:
I capture the Castle: by Dodie Smith
This is a book that Laurel suggested and said that both she and Marcy enjoyed it. It is about a seventeen year old girl who lives in poverty within a castle. She is trying to perfect her writing skills and captures stories of things that go on within the castle walls. She fills notebooks of stories and even tells a love story about herself. So by the end of the book she has "captured the castle." This book sounds enchanting.
I thought it would be a good match to a book that I just read, so I decided to put them together this month and you
can choose which one or both to read.




Towers of Brierley: by Anita Stansfield
I read this book over the summer and thought it was fun and romantic. It is a love story of two people who were raised in the castle of Brierley. Anya takes care of Gavin in the beginning because he is wounded, and slowly they fall in love. There is a lot of suspense and secrets that I can't give away but I really thought it was a cute book. This teenage girl recommended it to me at the library while I was looking in the young adult section- my favorite genre. I couldn't put it down, it was fun!

So, here are the suggestions - happy reading! I'm sure you can find them at the library, or order them on amazon or ebay for very cheap!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liked this book. I read it a few years ago. I also enjoyed the other books in the series with these same characters.

Marcy said...

Both Laurel and I said we'd like for the Castle book to go on even after it ends (there should be more of the story), so if you read that one we should all write one more chapter to the book and share our versions with everyone else!!!