Wednesday, February 20, 2008

P.S. I Love You


I was at Costco and it was a few days preceding Valentine's Day, so I was in the mood for a love story. I heard the movie was good and then someone said the book was even better. I caved and bought the book. Hmmmmph. I'm sure the Irish folk would be disappointed to know that after reading it, the book feeds the stereotype that all the Irish do is drink! I think if it was rewritten and set someplace in the states, I'd like it more. Minus the Irish lifestyle, it had a great message in it--- and yes, I bawled my eyes out in a handful of chapters... I learned that I must love without holding back. We do not know when our time will come to leave this Earth, nor do we know when the time will come for those we love to leave us...

2 comments:

ziggygirl said...

Laurel, Liz, Cumorah, and I saw the movie. We all liked it although it was very sad and depressing but in the end there is hope. cumorah read the book and loved it, Laurel thought it wasn't too good but she owns the book which is sitting here on my kitchen counter and I still haven't gotten the chance to read it. Since I saw the movie, I don't really like to read the book. I'd rather read the book first then see the movie. Otherwise it's kind of a waste of my time cuz I already know what's going to happen.

bookette said...

skip the book. even if you hadn't seen the movie, it's predictable. totally felt like I wasted my time.