Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Anna Karenina- Tolstoy


My ward bookclub is having a break this summer, so we are reading Anna Karenina. Apparently this is one of the greatest books ever written but also one of the most vigorous to read. I have only read about 65 pages so far, out of around 700. It is difficult but I find it easier to understand than I thought. It is very captivating and beautifully written. This isn't "candy" reading, but it is wonderful so far. So while I'm at the pool I will read the fun books and save this for some deep reading at night. If you gals are interested in tackling something hard this summer, try this one!

2 comments:

Marcy said...

I've been wanting to read this. Maybe I'll take you up on your challenge!

Anonymous said...

700 pages? No thanks. Honestly I like books I can get through at a relatively even pace, if that makes sense. I wouldn't have patience for it. You'll have to let me know how it turns out for you, though. I'm impressed.