Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Chocolate Chip Murder Mystery by Joanne Fluke


Laurel was talking to me about these food mystery books so I decided to test one out. It was fun and I found myself really getting into since I haven't read a mystery in awhile. The main character is Hannah Swenson and it's told from her point of view. She owns a bakery and there is a murder just outside of it, so she is asked to help investigate what happened. The book is filled with yummy recipes as well so that makes it all the funner right?
I found myself reading this late at night and just enjoyed it thoroughly, it's what you called a "candy" book. Very easy to read and just yummy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you own this I'd love to borrow it . Sounds fun and fast - my favorite.

bookette said...

umm, I only just found this post, or I would have said earlier. This isn't the author I like for "caterer mysteries". The one I read regularly is Dianne Mott Davidson. The first in that series is Dying for Chocolate. there are 14 so far in the series, and yes, I own them all (or mom does - we loose track of who bought which ones). You don't have to read them in order, but as there is a back story of the caterer/murder mystery detective, I do recommend starting at the beginning. Total "candy" reads, with the added bonus of fabulous recipes.