Tuesday, November 13, 2007

This is what happens when my hubby goes out of town




Hey gals! I've finished 4 books in the last week. One I had already half-read and the others I started and finished. No, I don't have time to read, believe me-- I don't go around looking for things to do or books to read. (Would it be such a crime to be living a life like that???....sounds nice) But while Kyle is out of town, I have my evenings to myself and choose to devour books instead of laundry, painting the bathroom, doing geneology, or baking my bread. (I'll let you decide which of those things I really do. :-) As it turns out, I sacrifice my sleep for reading-- it's my official escape from the world. I really do need to stop.


Book #1: Finding Noel-- already posted about it


Book #2 The Red Tent. Maybe you find it abominable that I read this-- I didn't know what it was about, but heard mention it was an interesting read. I just love historical fiction. If anything, it got me excited about reading the Bible. In a nut shell, it's the authors fictional take of the story of Dinah and her mothers and aunties (leah, rachel, zilpha, Bilhah). Dinah was Jacob's only daughter and it is really a fascinating read.


Book #3: Specials (third book in the Uglies series)-- good read. Still liked the first one the best. It was the most realistic for me. I was disappointed there wasn't more romance, but that's me.


Book 4: Christmas Box-- another Evans book. Quick read. I could have read it the last time I was waiting at the doctor's office. Touching. Not as good as Finding Noel. Sent me the message that I should worry less about housework, the stresses of my church calling, and just enjoy my little ones while I can.

On deck:

The Sisterhood: Inside the Lives of Mormon Women by Dorothy Allred Solomon-- you can imagine my surprise to see this book in a special spot on the shelf at my library showcased, "New Book This Week!" -- Never expected a book like this to come to my little library. In any case, I glanced through it just to make sure I wasn't being taken by an Anti author, and checked it out. I'll let you know.

The Letter and The Locket by Richard Paul Evans --hopefully I'll like them as much as Finding Noel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, This makes me laugh, because I am reading Specials right now and the book on my dresser to read next is Red Tent. Great minds think alike?!